Adam Block's Latest View of the Universe:
The Heart of the Scorpion
widefield near Antares and Rho Ophiuchi
SEE BELOW FOR THE FULL MOSAIC!
Click on the image below for the largest version of the full image!
- Optics Pomenis Astrograph (Takahashi E-180 - Epsilon f/2.8 180mm ED)
- Camera Apogee Alta F9000- 12um, 3056x3056 pixels
- Filters AstroDon Gen II
- Date May - June 2019
- Location Mount Lemmon SkyCenter
- Exposures RGB = 6 : 6 : 6 Hours (for each frame, 3 panel mosaic)
- Acquisition MYT Paramount, TheSKyX, ACP (DC3 Dreams), Maxim DL (Cyanogen), Alnitak Flatman XL
- Processing Pixinsight (Photoshop for some seam blending)
- Credit Line & Copyright Adam Block/Steward Observatory/University of Arizona